Sunday, April 21, 2013

Final Frog Post

I had the best of intentions to get this post out to you before the break, but the sunshine got the best of me!
The girls are now frog and toad experts who know just about everything about frogs. AY can tell you that one frogs pupil is shaped like a heart while AM can share with you that tadpoles will eat each other if there is not enough food. The entire class has learned about the life cycle of a frog and all that occurs through metamorphosis. They can also let you know what makes a frog/toad and amphibian. Here is a photo of our final Schema chart and vocabulary list.
Ms. Hamre has been teaching the girls how to sew their own stuffies! This is an activity she has done in the past and was excited to share with our girls. We will be working to complete our stuffies during Earth Week and hopefully have them home to you by Friday. Here are some photos for the process.

































The girls wrapped up their Reader's Theatre with a performance for their class. The girls were so great about reading (not memorizing) their lines and I was so impressed by how much they learned in such a short period of time! Unfortunately I blew it on the video taping of Group 1 Scene 1 so we are missing the video for that group. So sorry!! If I can get them to perform it again I will post it for you.

Frog & Toad Scene 2 Group 1 from Lisa Dutton on Vimeo.

Frog & Toad Scene 1 Group 2 from Lisa Dutton on Vimeo.

Frog & Toad Scene 2 Group 2 from Lisa Dutton on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment